The Foundation is very proud of its achievements which are only possible through the generous support of our benefactors.
Together, we have made remarkable contributions to Werribee Mercy Hospital, valued in excess of $1,000,000
Our contributions include:
- $295,000 for the provision of 5 new anaesthetic machines purchased in 2013-14
- $300,000 contribution to the Mother and Baby Unit (MBU) which opened in September 2003. The MBU provides short-term treatment and care for mothers experiencing postnatal disorders or a pre-existing psychiatric illness. It provides a safe and calm environment in which to strengthen the mother-baby bond and aids the recovery of mothers to enable them to live in the community with appropriate support
- $100,000 funding for much needed medical equipment to keep pace with advances in medical technology
- $100,000 contribution for the purpose built, 12 bed Palliative Care Unit (PCU) which opened in June 2005. The PCU provides a family centred environment and wonderful support for terminally ill patients
- Funding towards an additional operating theatre and the enlargement of the emergency department
- $200,000 to funding scholarships to clinical and non-clinical hospital staff to further the development of innovative practice and service improvement.